Technical Reasons Which Lead To The Lifting Of The Partial Lockdown By The President
Covid ’19: AKUFO ADDO HAS LIFTED THE LOCKDOWN; UNDERSTANDING THE ISSUES- COUNSELLOR DANIEL FENYI
1. It is practically impossible for any economy or country to survive in a lockdown so Akufo Addo had no option. Germany, Sweden, Tanzania, etc have all removed the lockdown.
- Ghana’s economy is about 90% dependent on the informal sector. Meanwhile, this is the sector that is suffering most from the lockdown. Hence, no generation of revenue for the government to run the state.
We are in election year hence there must be some political inspiration behind the lifting of the lockdown. Therefore,
- Don’t be surprised if the EC starts the new voter card registration.
Don’t be surprised if the NIA continues their Ghana Card registration.
Don’t be surprised if the NPP does their Primaries or delegate’s conference to elect Flagbearer
6. Akufo Addo announced the lockdown mainly to enable the health sector do enhanced contact tracing.
- Now they have done over 80,000 contact tracing and the impression is that, that is enough for now to help us combat the disease.
PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS
8. Stay Home!
9. Practise social distanding.
10. Continue to wash and sanitize your hands. Use face mask.
A word to the wise!
Counsellor Daniel Fenyi