RE-OPENING ARRANGEMENTS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS AND CONDUCT OF END-OF-SECOND-SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS FOR ALL UEW STUDENTS
In response to the President’s directive to re-open all Universities to final year students, the Academic Board of the University of Education, Winneba at its meeting held June 3, 2020 decided on the following arrangements and safety measures to receive all final year students and, in addition, conduct end-of-semester examinations for all students including those in level 100-300:
• All final year students are expected to report to Campus on June 15, 2020. The first week (16th June – 20th, 2020) will be devoted to mopping up of lectures, post-internship seminars and submission of project work by students who had issues with access to the Learning Management System (LMS). The next two weeks (22nd June – 5th July, 2020) will be for writing and submission of take-home papers through the LMS.
• All other continuing students in Level 100-300 will, as arranged earlier, continue to have online teaching and learning activities through the LMS mode and these activities are scheduled to end on 5th June, 2020.
• The conduct of end-of-semester examinations for Level 100-300 will proceed as scheduled and will commence from 15th June and end on 5th July, 2020. As already indicated in earlier releases, with the exception of General courses, the conduct of end-of-semester examinations for all other courses i.e. departmental courses, will be in the form of take-home papers.
• Level 400 students, on arrival on 15th June, 2020, will be supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) including face masks to ensure their safety.
• All students would be required to complete a COVID-19 assessment form online to assess the risk levels of each student.
• Students with genuine accommodation issues will apply and be considered for on-campus accommodation. Room occupancy in all Halls of Residence will be subjected to all the precautionary measures and protocols that relate to COVID-19.
• There will be regular decontamination of lecture rooms, surfaces, doors, walkways and staircases at least three times a week. Thereafter, there will be enhanced cleaning services of all spaces, surfaces and handles.
• Hand sanitizers will be provided on all floors of lecture blocks and halls of residence. In addition, there will be repair and installation of adequate and appropriate hand washing basins in washrooms.
• Veronica buckets fitted with appropriate taps as back-up plan to wash hand basins will be provided as appropriate.
• There will be no mass gatherings, religious or cultural or sporting activities for students on Campus.
• Telephone numbers will be provided to enable students call in case of any emergency or when COVID-19 is assumed.
• Probable cases will be isolated in designated rooms or spaces until test results are declared.
• All students are advised to be extra cautious when using shared items or facilities on Campus.
Deans/Directors/HoDs/Coordinators/Examination Officers/ GRASAG & SRC Presidents