NATIONAL TEACHING COUNCIL
LICENSURE EXAMINATION FOR TEACHERS – MARCH 2020
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to ensure licensing and registration of teachers in Ghana.
The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional license and also prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for the Licensure Examination – March, 2020
- All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers.
The candidates are to apply on-line at www.exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
- All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2019 or before 2019 qualify to write the examination at a Regional Centre of your choice.
- Candidates who have written the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination and are not successful as well as fresh candidates can register
- Fees for registration:
a) Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 220.00 to register for the examination.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ200.00.
d) Candidates who are re-sitting all the three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 220.00
• Payment can be made at any branch of GCB Bank LTD nationwide.
*** Candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
• Take Pin and Serial No. from GCB Bank
Ltd after payment.
• Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
• Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
• Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination.
• Review information provided and submit
• Print Summary of the inputs made
- Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Completed application forms should be received online not later than 11th March 2020.
NB: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond the 11th March, 2020 deadline.
Date for Examination:
25th – 27th March 2020
National Teaching Council