MENTAL HEALTH & CORONAVIRUS.
- There is stress and anxiety in the general population .
- Don’t attach Coronavirus to ethnicity or nationality.
- Be empathetic to those who got infected in or from any country.
Appropriate name is “People who have cov-19 or People being treated for Cov-19.
- Avoid consuming news that will make you anxious or distress , focus on facts and figures from authentic sources.Example WHO/Worldmetter
- Health workers may be stigmatized by their loved ones or Community, because of the Stigma/fear attached to cov-19.
-Workers to maintain contact with family and friends through digital means and rely on work colleagues for social support.
- Protect children and speak to them in an age appropriate manner.
- It’s everyone’s responsibility to be mentally healthy and be proactive in the fight against Coronavirus.
- Our minds must move one bodies now by alerting us every moment to be circumspect of our neighbors, maintain our personal hygiene such as handwashing and the use of basic protective materials available.
- Yes we can help ourselves conquer the fight now by staying mentally healthy and positive.
Compiled by David Naboare.