Immediate Press Release
To all Media Houses.
Date : 29th March,2020 @ 13: 47pm
A CALL FOR SELF QUARANTINE FOR ALL OUR PEOPLE ARRIVING FROM ACCRA, KUMASI, TEMA ETC.
I write to the Muniplcipal Task force on Covid-19 and as an Executive Director of David Naboare Foundation calling on all our relevant Stakeholders to let’s tighten our entry points into all our Communities.
Since the Government through the President made the call for two weeks lock down in Most Metropolis , Muniplcipalities and district within Greater Accra Region and Ashanti Region due to the outbreak Coronavirus in Ghana, David Naboare Foundation through its Health team has noticed that most inhabitants of the area who lived in Accra, Kumasi, Ashiama, Kasoa , etc, have traveled back home due to the lock down but little is been done to curtail the situation by identifying People at risk or suspected cases if any.
Since David Naboare Foundation is concerned about the Prevention and precautionary measures we are making the following recommendations to the general public and Nkwanta South Municipal Covid – 19 Task force;
1. All family members should distant themselves from family members who have returned home into any Community of Nkwanta South to be self quarantined, Family members should help us identify those who have just traveled home as well.
2. The Nkwanta South Municipal’s Task force should strengthen their surveillance through the illegal routes into the Municipality since Nkwanta South shares border with Republic of Togo.
3. All who have just returned should do Nkwanta South a favour by staying indoors for a period of two weeks which is equivalent to the lock down period . They should not get into contact with family and friends because it will be hard to know now who is infected, all should be treated as Suspects and self quarantine immediately as they arrive .
4. All our Communities must get watchdog Committees to really identify any stranger who enters into our Communities and report to the Community Task force or Community Health Committee for appropriate actions to be taken.
5. All our family members or anyone who has also entered any of our Communities within these days from any foreign country should be treated as a suspect and be made to self quarantine for two weeks.
6. Chiefs, Opinion leaders and Assembly Members within Nkwanta South Municipality should ensure that all their community members are educated enough and also become vigilant on all family members in their Communities.
Furthermore, remember Covid-19 has no family boundaries, has no ethnic boundary, has no respecter of your educational and Political background.
Finally, David Naboare Foundation is concerned about the health of the People of Nkwanta South especially Covid-19 and ready to mitigate our resources to strengthen public education on social media platforms and smaller groups as required now until the situation subsides.
You can call 0593073807 if you get any suspected case for us to help you link up with Frontline health workers who can assist them.